- Should We Vaccinate?
- by Ronald Steriti, ND, Ph.D.
- The issue of whether or not to vaccinate is a very difficult one for parents. Very often parents feel a sense of isolation when they choose to not vaccinate because they are doing something opposite to commonly accepted practices. This feeling increases when one makes an educated choice, instead of one based upon religious beliefs (which is not to say that the belief is wrong). In order to feel comfortable with the decision not to vaccinate two things are needed: reliable information and support from others who have also made the same decision. Fortunately the internet has many resources and articles on vaccinations. A quick search yielded the following web sites dedicated to the vaccination issue (local contact information is also included):
- The Global Vaccine Awareness League
- The Australian Vaccination Network
- The Anti-Vaccination Mailing List
- The following are some books I located through a quick search on the Barnes and Noble bookstore web site:
- Vaccination : The Issues of Our Times
- by Peggy O'Mara (Editor)
- Vaccination and Immunization: Dangers, Delusions and Alternatives
- by Leon Chaitow
- Immunization Theory vs. Reality: Expose on Vaccinations
- by Neil Z. Miller
- Vaccines: Are They Really Safe and Effective? A Parent's Guide to Childhood Shots
- by Neil Z. Miller
- Vaccinations and Immune Malfunction
- by Harold E. Buttram and John C. Hoffman
- A Shot in the Dark: Why the P in the DPT Vaccination May Be Hazardous to Your Child's Health
- by Harris L. Coulter Barbara L. Fisher With Barbara Lee Fusher
- The Vaccine Guide: Making an Informed Choice
- by Randall Neustaedter
- As you can see, there is a lot of information and support readily available for parents who are making the choice as to whether they should vaccinate their newborn or continue vaccinating their older children. For those that decide not to immunize their children, naturopathic medicine does offer several alternatives. For those that wish to have some sort of protection, there are homeopathic mixtures of the vaccines which can be used. Constitutional homeopathy can also be used to strengthen the vital force of your children.
- About the Author
- Ronald Steriti graduated from the Southwest College of Naturopathic Medicine, a four-year full-time Naturopathic medical school. Ron assists people to regain and maintain their health using herbs, homeopathy and nutrition to support their body's natural healing abilities. Dr. Steriti offers consultations by phone and has a private practice in Naples, Florida. He invites you to call him and discuss your health needs.
Fantastic new books!
CAM Therapies has studies on natural therapies for over 100 diseases.
CAM Labs lists lab tests for 100 diseases.
Nutritional Genetics is a fantastic resource.